Winter in the Richmond, VA area is undoubtedly beautiful. While the seasonal ice and snow make it the ideal backdrop for winter holidays, the sharp decline in temperatures does no good for your water and sewage lines. Easley Hedrick Insurance & Financial are proud to represent the residents of Richmond, VA. To help you avoid costly damage this season, our agents have compiled this list of essential tasks to help keep the pipes in your home from freezing, bursting, or otherwise succumbing to harsh weather conditions.
- Keep your eye on the weather report. When overnight temperatures are projected to drop below freezing, consider shutting off your outdoor water valves. Open all the faucets connected to these lines to remove excess water from the lines. This removes excess water that can freeze and crack delicate pipes in hard freezes.
- Wrap pipes in uninsulated areas of your home to keep them safe from hard freezes. A trip to your local hardware store will help you find a variety of easy-to-install temporary insulation solutions for your basement, attic, and outdoor lines. You may want to wrap the pipes under your sinks as well, as these enclosures are often much cooler than the surrounding rooms.
- Keep your indoor space heated above 45ºF, even when you aren’t home. This simple act will prevent indoor pipes from getting too cold.
- Get your water heater professionally checked before the cold season begins.
- Avoid dumping easy-to-coagulate foods like oils and grease into your garbage disposal. These stick to the sides and trap pockets of moisture that can freeze and compromise the integrity of your indoor plumbing.
With these tips, you can enjoy a happy winter season without worrying about your plumbing. Talk to the experts at Easley Hedrick Insurance & Financial for more information on keeping your Virginia property safe throughout the year.
It’s now finally come. The time that you need home insurance for your property in Virginia. After going through a myriad of insurance resources, you have finally found an insurance company that is willing to make a policy that fits your needs.
What’s to understand?
Understanding this contract is a different story. There is bound to be problems if you have never dealt with such a contract before. To understand what you should be on the lookout for, consult Easley Hedrick Insurance & Financial to have an agent walk you through the home insurance process.
We will help you with the clauses that deal with your coverage level in the home insurance policy. These clauses are specific on the particular event or risk the insurance policy covers and what is not in the coverage.
With no proper guidance on the coverage clauses, it can lead to a rude awakening when a particular event like a burglary comes to pass, and the insurance contract did not offer any part or full coverage against the specific type of incidence. Here, the property owner is at a loss. For there is no compensation in spite of having an insurance policy.
Next is the exception clauses that you will need to understand. There is usually fine print that appears near end of an insurance contract. You might misread or not follow the text or you may overlook certain parts of the contract. There is a lot to read. In understanding these details, you will be more relaxed and well informed about the state of your home insurance.
Finally, we can help by letting you know when the home insurance takes effect, what are your rights, and the obligations in the contract. These are some of the details better explained to you at Easley Hedrick Insurance & Financial in Richmond, VA.
There you have it, consult Easley Hedrick Insurance & Financial in Richmond, VA for your home insurance needs. We can help you understand the policy and answer any questions you may have.